Friday, January 23, 2009

Is Obama a Brand?



After watching the amazing president assumption I wandered how everyone is a brand. Obama is today a hot topic a brand that even the most traditional brands as Pepsi want to link. When you become public, your name, your face, your voice is associated with ideas or concepts as the brand. Our name probably is the most valuable brand. Out name tell the history of our family, our name tell brings the tradition. So if we are brands, what is the product/service that we are selling? Are we selling, giving or renting?. Looking for the 4 P’s of us is pretty funny.
First product. We can look in a more functional level and consider our personal features. I’m 5-8, Hispanic, healthy with a lot of hair (I don’t know why this is important, but in the ads appear to be very relevant). The package also includes studies of engineering and business. The product comes with 3 necessary accessories (wife and 2 kids) that complete the whole need of a family. Also you can but other non necessary accessories as house, car and computers. In the sensitive side of this product you can see a strong sense of family and ethic values.
After the product, the price. This is very polemic, price for what. Do people have price… does everybody have a price as show in movies like “Indecent Proposal”? I believe I request a salary according with the attributes of my product. But doesn’t mean that I have a priceThen the place. I just have a conflict with a company that I would love to work for them, but they had possibilities in Peru, Colombia or Puerto Rico. All are very good countries, but I wanted to stay in U.S. The place my product will be sold is I the U.S. because had value to the other sub-products (kids educations) and for future depreciation (I increase my value if I had worked in U.S.)
Finally promotion. This is a word of mouth. This must be very gently, but every person “sell” the best stories when you have a dinner, that is an advertising campaign.
So are you a product? Are you sure you are not? Who is your consumer? How they see you? For the moment keep with the big brands like Coke, McDonalds, Oprah and Obama

No comments:

Post a Comment